Do you want to make a positive impact in the lives of youth and adults? Are you looking to return home at the end of the day feeling fulfilled and accomplished?
If you answered YES, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Team!
Being a Direct Support Professional has its advantages
As a Direct Support Professional at Devereux, you’ll work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- Opportunities to learn and grow in the behavioral health and human services fields.
- Fun, fast-paced supportive environment where you can participate in the treatment planning process.
- Opportunity to teach at-risk youth valuable life skills and be a positive role model.
- Flexible schedules that work with school and family commitments.
- Quality Low-Cost Benefits, plus student loan debt assistance and 30-day benefit eligibility waiting period for new hires (learn more at benefits.devereux.org).
Locations: Dutchess, Ulster and Greene counties
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health New York provides programs and services for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and dual diagnoses. This position is responsible for assisting individuals in daily activities, including health and personal management, achieving personal goals, recreation, and daily household living, as well as maintaining a safe and therapeutic treatment environment that meets the physical, emotional, and personal needs of program individuals while improving functioning and minimizing interfering behaviors.
- High School Diploma/GED with 2 years of related experience OR an Associate’s Degree with 1 year of related experience.
- Valid NY Driver’s License.
- Be flexible, patient, energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor.
- strong passion for working with and helping children and adults with special needs.
- Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate’s understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children.