Mission: The Winery Specialist provides an exceptional brand experience for consumers through the highest level of product knowledge, hospitality, and customer service. The Winery Specialist broadens our reach by nurturing both new and existing clients to further the Evenstad Estates brand. This person works as part of a highly skilled and flexible team of Sommeliers and Winery Specialists that assists in generating sales and elevating guest experiences.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Leads guests through tasting flights, educating them on Evenstad Estates brands, wines, vineyards and story.
• Assists in execution of events at our multiple wine venues, performing various duties to help ensure the success of the event.
• Assists in mentoring Support Staff.
• Demonstrates and upholds hospitality service standards.
• Thoroughly follows opening and closing procedures of all wine venues including, but not limited to, wines for sale, tasting room flight sheets, food menus, sample wines and venue cleanliness.
• Proactively maintains a consistent inventory of available wines and keeps the tasting room stocked with marketing materials such as sales brochures and tasting notes.
• Maintains cleanliness and organization of the tasting room.
• Handles routine purchasing transactions including operating cash registers, accounting of daily sales and efficiently and correctly inputting customer shipping orders.
• Drives hospitality sales through experiences and engagement with guests. Builds relationships with our Members and guests.
• Develops a thorough understanding of Domaine Serene wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history to educate guests on all aspects of the brand.
• Actively promotes the sale of Domaine Serene wines, Evenstad Estates Memberships and merchandise.
• Consistently projects a positive company image that is focused on the customer.
• Communicates effectively using open, professional dialogue and solution focused communication.
• Interacts with guests in a tasting room. Follows expectations outlined in Domaine Serene’s social distancing policy.
• Actively seeks information to better understand company-wide business.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Maintains regular, reliable and punctual attendance. Position may require flexibility in hours and days worked and include some weekends or evenings.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.