About the Team
The Global Safety and Security team is responsible for advancing DoorDash through the protection of people, property, operations, brand and reputation. We manage safety and security risk and deliver value across the business through agility, technology, and a people-first approach. Our team strives to always be in front, and there for our people anytime, anywhere.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an experienced Health and Safety Lead to institute and audit training, policies, processes, and procedures to ensure OSHA, Cal/OSHA, and global regulatory compliance. You will work closely with business stakeholders, Human Resources, Legal, Facilities, Real Estate, and other cross-functional partners to achieve environmental, health and safety objectives by supporting daily high-volume health, safety, and wellness support requirements.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead local and regional environmental, health and safety program execution to ensure regulatory compliance
- Respond to and lead all health, safety, and wellness support requests with empathy
- Work closely with the Global Operations Center team to coordinate and ensure timely and high quality responses
- Collect and analyze data and operating metrics to identify opportunities to improve support efficiency, reliability, and quality
- Create close working relationships with a variety of stakeholders to identify gaps, and produce and deliver engaging training to meet local regulatory requirements
- Perform comprehensive environmental, health and safety data analysis and risk assessment to support stakeholders and influence change
- Drive the development of a strong safety reporting culture to achieve zero injuries and world-class operations
- Monitor industry and regulatory trends to proactively address potential challenges
- Complete incident investigations and prepare incident reports
- Conduct virtual or in-person ergonomic assessments
- Conduct inspections of facilities/equipment to identify existing or potential safety hazards and determine and implement corrective actions
- Submit required health and safety or environmental regulatory reports and submissions
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a bachelor’s degree in occupational health, environmental, sustainability, or a related science degree
- You have 5+ years of experience in a related occupational safety or operations role in corporate and light industrial environments
- You have received OSHA 30, Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or other industry-recognized occupational safety training and certifications
- You have experience successfully designing, building, and leading effective safety programs in a variety of corporate and light industrial environments
- You are proactive, self-managing, and have a sense of urgency to problem solve
- You have the ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- You have thorough knowledge of industry standards and occupational health and safety regulations, including their interpretation and enforcement
- You are an excellent communicator, personable, and have demonstrated experience influencing change across all levels of an organization
- You have general knowledge of safety and facility design and engineering
- You are a whiz with applications such as Google Suite, Slack, Salesforce, and Asana
- You can travel frequently as required and are able to work independently and as part of a team
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash…
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.