Location: Mt. Sterling, IL, or St. Louis, MO
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: IT Manager
Your Role: Train, learn, and work with the IT department to gain understanding of workflows, processes, and how IT interacts with other parts of the business. Complete a minimum of one assigned project for review and possible implementation in addition to gaining valuable professional work experience, knowledge, and skills.
· Train and job-shadow within the IT and other departments to deliver solutions and improve functionality
· Lead and own assigned project(s) within application development
· Participate in a team project with other interns
· Participate in activities related to Agile software development methodologies
· Problem-solve through research, collecting data, and analyzing to determine best processes and methods
· Review, update, and track a variety of reports
· Present project information at the culmination of the internship to communicate research, findings, analysis, and any recommendations
· Apply lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
· Work a minimum of 350 hours during internship tenure
· Attend Dot specific business and personal development intern training events
· Potential for minimal overnight travel; ability to travel without restriction by all modes of transportation
We Need You To Have:
· Good standing as full-time student actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited college/university
· Minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
· Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
· Creative & innovative thinking
We’d Like You To Have:
· Degree work towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field
· Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Programming and database experience or aptitude
· Exposure to one or more: Microsoft C#, .Net, SQL
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
· Competitive wages and bonus potential
· Impactful experiential learning
· Great working relationships
· Future career opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.