The Enterprise Servers Assistant’s role who is passionate about the profession of server management, and who is excited to work alongside, supporting our Linux Server and Virtualization team members with various tasks relating to server projects and operational deliverables.
Including, but not limited to:
- Documenting standard operating procedures related to server administration
- Assisting with level one troubleshooting tasks
- Assist with installation and testing of server operating systems and applications
- Shadow and assist system administrators to learn the “ins and outs” of server management
- Assist with the coordination of team meetings and meeting minute taking
- Actively contribute and listen during group team meetings
- Assist on execution and tracking of various server maintenance related efforts
- Assist with task tracking, milestone identification, and project schedule development
- Communicate clearly with written, verbal, and presentation skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of information technology or computer science education.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and Visio.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important deadlines)
Ability to lift computer equipment such as servers of up to 40 lbs.
Standard office environment.
** Draper has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all Draper employees. This will be a condition of employment to work at Draper.