This position receives supervision and direction from the Nutrition Program Coordinator. May also receive direction or guidance from the Aging and Disability Resource Center and Services Manager. This position is responsible work managing the daily operation of an assigned nutrition site. Work involves responsibility for supporting the goals of the Nutrition Program through effective site operation including meal service, record keeping, and volunteer coordination.
The following duties are primarily performed and are essential for this position. Employees are expected to be able to perform each of these job duties satisfactorily and successfully to be qualified for the position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Recruits and supervises volunteers in serving, cleaning, or other tasks as needed in serving meals.
- Recruits volunteer drivers, as needed.
- Takes meal reservations and places order with meal provider.
- Packages home-delivered meals maintaining sanitation standards.
- Serves meals to Nutrition Program participants maintaining sanitation standards.
- Cleans up after meals, maintaining sanitation standards at the meal site.
- Creates a pleasant dining atmosphere.
- Deposits and records participant income daily.
- Maintains records of home-delivered and congregate meal participation.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies at the site and reports quarterly.
- Compiles other records, information as requested by the Aging and Disability Resource Center and Services Manager or the Nutrition Program Coordinator.
- Maintains awareness of menus and reports relevant comments to the Nutrition Program Coordinator.
- Maintains awareness of the needs of participants at the site and makes appropriate referrals.
- Attends required site manager training.
- Disseminates aging network information.
- Performs other related duties required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in food service and working with the public
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Prior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Valid driver’s license or the ability to travel between work locations.
- Serve Safe certification required within 6 months of employment.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES QUALIFICATIONS
In order to perform the duties of the Meal Site Manager position (listed above) the following knowledge, skills, and abilities are essential for Meal Site Manager to possess.
- Skill in the management of people.
- Knowledge of basic food service.
- Ability to provide own transportation.
- Ability to relate well with elderly people.
- Ability to meet and work with the public.
- Ability to motivate a volunteer staff.
- Ability to communicate ideas well verbally.
- Ability to be familiar with the local community.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships.
- Ability to follow Dunn County policies and procedures including those pertaining to confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and organize job assignments.
- Ability to manage time effectively, manage multiple projects and complete work within established deadlines.
- Ability to work the allocated hours of the position.
MINIMUM LANGUAGE SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS
In order to perform the duties of the Meal Site Manager position (listed above) the following language skills are essential for the Meal Site Manager to possess.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with other staff members, supervisors, and the general public in written and verbal form.
- English skills (oral, written and comprehension) sufficient to effectively communicate with all internal and external customers.
MINIMUM REASONING ABILITY QUALIFICATIONS
In order to perform the duties of the Meal Site Manager position (listed above) the following reasoning abilities are essential for the Meal Site Manager to possess.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Must have ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate and concise records and reports.
MINIMUM MATHEMATICAL ABILITY QUALIFICATIONSIn order to perform the duties of the Meal Site Manager position (listed above) the following mathematical skills are essential for the Meal Site Manager to possess.
- Ability to make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages.
In evaluating candidates for this position, Dunn County may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of this position.
Physical and Work Environment
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environment characteristics described in this description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or as otherwise required by law. Employees needing reasonable accommodation should discuss the request with the employee’s supervisor or Human Resources.
- Physical effort will typically require prolonged and frequent exertion of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous speaking, hearing and using hands dexterously; work frequently requires sitting; and work occasionally requires standing, walking and reaching with hands and arms.
- Work has standard vision requirements.
- The physical and environmental hazards and risks associated with the job can be characterized as minimal.
- Work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, moderate traffic).
Nothing in this job description limits management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement or affect the at-will nature of the employment arrangement between the employee and company and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.