HIGH SCHOOL SCIENCE TEACHER:
Eagle Valley High School is seeking a dedicated and passionate teacher with experience as a High School Science Teacher. Specifically this class will include Biology and Earth Science sections of teaching.
EVHS serves the communities of the western part of Eagle County. We have a total population of 900 students and compete in 4A athletics as a part of CHSAA. Our demographics include 52% Hispanic, 46% White, and 2% Other ethnic populations. We have a proud history dating back to the 1950’s and represent a strong community of students, parents and staff members. We encourage interested applicants to research our school at https://www.eagleschools.net/schools/eagle-valley-high-school
We also offer a variety of athletic and activities programs. Candidates who are experienced and/or willing to coach or sponor extra curricular activities will recieve strong consideration.
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Plans instruction and assessment aligned with District learner outcomes and State achievement standards. Supervises assigned students and maintains a positive learning environment. Adapt instruction to meet the individual learning needs of all students resulting in an increased probability of advancing their achievement. Maintain positive inter-personal relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members.
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Teach the approved Eagle County School’s curriculum.
- Participate in cluster group meetings focusing on student learning and individual growth goals/goals.
- Participate in the development and enhancement of a school-wide culture that promotes professional growth and student learning.
- Provide support and knowledge that inspires and encourages the professional growth of teachers at the cluster group meeting and school-wide as resources are utilized for the enhancement of student learning.
- Contribute to the professional development of other teachers including but not limited to modeling the use and application of best practices, and peer support with lesson planning and designing consistent with state standards and district goals.
- Plan standards based learning, including selection of content, instructional strategies, and assessments, appropriate for all learners and aligned with District outcomes.
- Teach to an identified learning objective, presents content accurately, implements a variety of instructional strategies, checks frequently for student understanding, and monitors student progress.
- Adapt instruction to meet the learning needs of all students thus increasing the probability of advancing their achievement.
- Promote and maintain student behavior expectations conducive to learning and maximizing learning time.
- Establish and demonstrate positive human relations with students, parents, other staff members, and the community.
- Maintain an ongoing program of professional growth that meets District requirements and expectations and personal professional goals.