Earthworks’ Social Media Intern/Fellow will work with Earthworks’ Communications Managers and campaign staff to amplify existing and to create new content, monitor social media conversations and trends, and report out on social media activity to the entire Earthworks staff.
The Social Media Intern/Fellow will work with our field team, who works closely with communities affected by “upstream” oil and gas production; our infrastructure team, which focuses on “downstream” oil and gas infrastructure; and our mining team, which advocates alongside domestic and international partners to reform dirty mining practices and ensure that mineral extraction for clean energy is clean, equitable and just.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Earthworks is committed to advancing and empowering leadership from frontline affected communities and maintaining solid relationships with diverse partners to advance program goals. The Social Media Manager will report to Earthworks’ Director of Strategic Communication.
- Work with the Earthworks Communications team and program staff to ensure Earthworks’ activities are regularly and effectively highlighted on Earthworks’ social media presence;
- Amplify guidance and activities of frontline community partners and coalition groups;
- Help elevate voices of communities on the frontlines of energy and mining development, in line with our Principles of Community Engagement;
- Report regularly to the Direct of Strategic Communications and all staff on activities, plans, and outcomes.
- Social media savvy;
- Ability to work independently and remotely with colleagues;
- Excellent written communications skills;
- Excellent oral communication skills;
- Familiarity with twitter, facebook, linkedin and instagram;
- Commitment to an equity and justice centered approach to advocacy work and communications.
This is a paid internship/fellowship, with a minimum hourly wage of $15-18/hour, commensurate on experience, and school credit (optional). The internship is 20-25 hours per week, Monday-Friday. The position is 100% remote.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://www.careers-page.com/earthworks-2/job/56V9Y3. Please submit your resume/CV and a work sample. No phone calls please.
Earthworks is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting communities and the environment from the adverse impacts of mineral and energy development while promoting sustainable solutions. We are a dynamic advocacy organization headquartered in Washington, DC, with a mostly remote workforce of 30+ people across 8 states working to reform government policies, improve corporate practices, influence investment decisions, and encourage responsible materials sourcing and consumption. We ensure that communities’ voices and concerns are heard in the corridors of power, from the nation’s capital to state houses and local levels. (For more information, see https://earthworks.org).