This position is responsible for directing, coordinating, and managing corporate and member system communications activities to support EKPC and member goals.
- Provides management to EKPC publications and member communications outreach.
- Directs writing and distribution of monthly articles, graphics, and photos to publish in member magazines.
- Leads content development and communications strategies for EKPC’s internal network.
- Updates and provides content for EKPC’s websites and assists with the design.
- Manages EKPC’s portfolio of visual assets (photographs, video, etc.) and coordinates production of new assets.
- Manages EKPC’s copyright compliance.
- Oversees content on EKPC’s social media outlets.
- Assists Economic Development in producing videos and other communications materials to bring new jobs and investments to Kentucky.
- Writes scripts and manages production of public relations videos to enhance communications with opinion leaders and other internal/external audiences.
- Oversees content gathering and production of the annual Board Orientation Manual and training resources.
- Serves as Communications liaison to members and assists in directing work flow of member requests for writing, editing, photographs, and publications.
- Assists with EKPC and member system communications during weather emergencies and crisis situations.
- Develops comprehensive plans and ensures regular updating of the owner-member emergency contact numbers and procedures.
- Oversees production and distribution of the industry news to keep staff informed of the latest electric industry developments.
- Develops and administers budget and work plans for communications; monitors the budget throughout the year.
- Conducts performance evaluations for communications staff.
- Oversees the production and circulation of the Cooperative’s Annual Report and participates in the planning of the EKPC Annual Meeting.
- Answers media inquiries as needed in coordination with the External Affairs Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications / Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Seven (7) years of related experience. Three (3) years of experience answering media inquiries preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the utility industry and Cooperative principles, public, and media relations preferred.
- Must have exceptional organizational capabilities.
- Knowledge of photographic and advertising processes, layout, and production methods preferred.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills, as well as strong planning abilities.
- Must maintain complete confidentiality.
- Building a Successful Team
- Planning and Organizing
- Building Partnerships
Conditions of Employment
- Primarily an office position, but does require working outdoors and occasionally in power plants in a variety of conditions.
- Moderate travel within and outside the system and some work outside regular hours required. Travel may be overnight.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license.
- Regular lifting up to ten (10) pounds and occasional lifting up to twenty (20) pounds required.
- Must wear personal protective equipment as appropriate.