We are currently seeking ISA Certified Arborists to support Southern California Edison’s (SCE) Hazard Tree Mitigation Program. ECI will help support SCE’s program by inspecting overhead power lines located in High Fire Threat Districts. The majority of this work occurs outside of the urban environment and in the forests of Southern California. We are looking for experienced, energetic professionals who wish to join our growing team and grow their careers in the utility vegetation management industry. This is a full-time opportunity to work outside and explore rural Southern California with opportunities for advancement.
During these uncertain times, you can take pride in knowing you are an essential employee. Our team members work independently in an outdoor environment and follow all CDC recommended guidelines and company safety protocols relevant to COVID-19.
Some of the most important characteristics of ECI ISA Certified Arborist is that you are open-minded and able to engage in safe, constructive interactions with the public. You are accountable for advancing a culture of safety and excellence while providing quality and value to our customers and clients.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with a fuel card to take to and from home & work.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, effective Day 1 for full-time team members.
- 401K eligibility.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Leave.
- Weekly paychecks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company-funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assess utility facilities for vegetation compliance.
- Notify property owners of line clearance work to be performed.
- Obtain necessary permits from public agencies.
- Promote and maintain good public relations.
- Perform Level 1 and 2 tree risk assessment inspections.
- Document and record information with a mobile device.
- Operate with the highest level of personal and public safety.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE:
- Must currently hold an ISA Arborist Certification.
- Must have solid tree identification skills and the ability to read maps.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving abilities, the ability to multi-task and an attention to detail.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Must have basic computer skills.
WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Forestry, Environmental Science or related field preferred.
- One (1) year of utility vegetation management-related experience preferred.
- Inventory or surveying experience a plus.
- Bi-lingual speaking (English and Spanish) is a plus.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The team member must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk up to 10 miles per day, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make a repetitive hand, arm and shoulder movement in the performance of daily duties (e.g., forcefully beat down brush); carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight, frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. (sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. For more information visit our website www.eci-consulting.com
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA: Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.