The Debbie Leraas Children’s Center
Ask us about our $500 sign on bonus!!
The Debbie Leraas Children’s Center of the Edmonds United Methodist Church offers a fully licensed Christian Preschool & Pre-K with full and half day options as well as before and after school care for children in Kindergarten through 6th grade during the school year. In addition, Preschool and Youth Summer Camp Programs are provided during the summer. Since 1980, Children’s Center has offered a vibrant learning community dedicated to providing a nurturing, secure environment with enriching and developmentally appropriate experiences for the diverse population we serve. It is a place where each child’s uniqueness is celebrated, with unconditional love and support, with strong emphasis placed on relationship-building, individual learning, child-centered curriculum, nature immersion, family engagement, play-based sensorial learning, and social and emotional development.
Position Summary. The Cook position is available beginning September 2021. Daytime hours Monday-Thursday with some flexibility. 25-30 hours/week.
· Prepare and serve organic, locally sourced, nutritionally balanced, lunch and morning and afternoon snack.
· Plan menus taking into account state and federal nutritional requirements, the center budget, and seasonal availability of foods.
· Posting the weekly menu and account for any substitutions.
· Clean, arrange, and stock the kitchen and pantry.
· Shop for the following week’s purchase orders.
· Manage all aspects of prepping and preparing meals, as well as cleaning and complying with sanitation requirements.
· Follow policies and procedures according to EUMC guidelines as well as Snohomish County Health District.
· Assist in classroom as assistant teacher/floater as needed.
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Have at least 1 year experience as a cook or head chef
· Relevant experience working in a child care center, school, or commercial kitchen.
· Possess knowledge of basic nutrition
· Have the ability to plan for economy shopping
· Be able to maintain effectiveness in stressful situations
· Display an interest in working with young children
· Have good personal cleanliness habits
· Food Handlers Permit – can be obtained after job offer
· First Aid / CPR – can be obtained after job offer
· Blood Born Pathogens Training – can be obtained after job offer
· Stars ID- can be obtained after job offer
· Background check and fingerprinting through DCYF-can be obtained after job offer
· TB Test- can be obtained after job offer
· Childcare Basics Training -can be obtained after job offer
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS and ATTRIBUTES:
· Must demonstrate the understanding and ability to meet the cultural, emotional, mental, physical, and social needs of children enrolled at DLCC.
· Experience developing a positive organizational culture with above average skills in: Emotional Intelligence, Conflict Resolution, Flexibility, and Adaptability,
· Must have an understanding of cultural relevancy and anti-bias practices.
· Child-centered. Welcome, honor, and value children as the unique individuals they are. Thrive in the presence of their joy and moments of learning.
· Team oriented. DLCC staff are the lifeblood that embraces the kids with care and thoughtful instruction. Co-create a culture of collaboration, empathy, and collegiality in which staff feel connected, appreciated, and encouraged to grow.
· Committed to inclusivity. Actively seek resources that celebrate and support our diverse families and neighbors. Embrace and foster an anti-bias culture in our school.
· Organized. Find balance among the many demands of this position. Move fluidly between meal preparation and serving in class. Respond to requests from Center Director, Parents, Pastors, and the Admin Team in a timely manner.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply: Please submit resume and optional cover letter to Natalie DeLeon at email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.
EMPLOYMENT CONTINGENCIES: Appointment to this position is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a criminal background check.
Edmonds United Methodist Church is an employer that complies with the State of Washington, to require all staff be vaccinated with the Covid-19 vaccination. Compliance with this requirement is mandatory for employment.
This congregation is committed to being a radically loving and welcoming community of faith, centered in the good news of Jesus Christ, which is for all people. Therefore, in faithfulness to the gospel and our United Methodist heritage, and to the best of our ability, we promise to provide programs, ministries, and pastoral care to all who seek God in this place. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.