The Skamania School District is seeking qualified candidates for a Certificated Elementary Teacher position. This is a teaching position that will provide long-term (October – December 2021) full-time substitute classroom teaching in a regular intermediate mixed-age classroom. Salary will be placed according to the following schedule (Download PDF reader). Benefits include medical, dental, vision and there is paid professional development.
Essential Functions/Other Functions
- Establish and clarify acceptable standards for student behavior and demonstrate effective classroom management skills.
- Monitor students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, cafeteria, playground, school grounds, hallways, restrooms, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment Handle social/emotional issues as they arise.
- Provide direct instruction to students in a regular classroom and reading intervention support.
- Motivate and communicate with students from varied educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Incorporate relevant, rigorous and challenging learning activities in daily lessons.
- Differentiate instruction based on student level.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings, trainings, and IEP/504 meetings.
- Collaborate with other members of staff in planning district curriculum and instructional methods, goals, and objectives.
- Maintain a cooperative attitude with leadership, staff, parents, and students.
- Assume the responsibility for seeking help and advice, and take full responsibility for demonstrating professional growth and needed improvement.
- Assume any other reasonable tasks assigned by the building/district administration pertaining to the operation of the school.
- Actively participating in the MTSS process.
- Record and summarize school wide reading benchmark and screening data.
- Complete clerical duties related to Title I and/or LAP requirements.
- Supervise paraprofessionals who provide remediation support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum/Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- BA/BS or higher degree with a major in one of the following areas: Curriculum, Elementary Education, Reading (preferred Reading Endorsement), Early Childhood Education or similar.
- Valid Washington State Teaching License (must meet Highly Qualified Requirements).
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Hold and maintain an appropriate license and endorsement(s) from the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission in the State of Washington; and display a willingness to teach any qualified subject area. Reading endorsement is preferred.
- Knowledge of age-appropriate teaching methods, state curriculum framework, education code, appropriate instructional subjects.
Working Conditions/Employment Requirements
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Regular attendance during scheduled work hours.
Employment Requirements – SSD job offer is contingent upon satisfying the following:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine or approved religious or medical exemption.
- Successful completion of a criminal history and fingerprint check through WSP and FBI.
Skamania School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer