As a steward of public trust and an agent of the State of Colorado, primarily responsible for greeting motor vehicle customers, reviewing motor vehicle titling and registration documents, and using judgment to determine if the customer meets the requirements to see a Motor Vehicle or Driver’s License Technician.
- Welcomes customers to the Motor Vehicle Office. Uses judgment to accept or reject legal documentation based on determination of compliance. Questions, confers, or advises customers on requirements associated with compliance, persuading those failing to comply to take a particular course of action or to accept findings and/or recommendations.
- Acquires and maintains a basic working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures; exercises such knowledge to initiate client contact and provide in-depth information and/or direction to those seeking to access departmental services.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Assists customers with the promotion and use of the Motor Vehicle Express Kiosk.
- Contributes to team effort by helping to achieve departmental goals.
- Assists with election duties as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- U.S. citizen; sworn as agent of Clerk & Recorder’s Office to discharge the duties conveyed by CRS 42-1-210.
- Experience in a public contact environment, involving explanation of policies and/or procedures preferred.
- Strong problem-solving, reasoning, negotiation and communication skills required.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships.
- Capacity to commit to and take action, even in uncertain situations, making sound and timely decisions necessary to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, directives, and associated policies.
- Ability to set goals and priorities for specific tasks and assignments.
- Remains open to change and new information; effectively deals with pressure and ambiguity.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation and drug screen.
Duties are performed primarily in an office environment. Weekend hours and/or extended hours will be required, including election cycles. This is a part-time position regularly working up to 25 hours per week.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.elpasoco.com For inquiries please call: 719-520-7401.
Each applicant is considered only for the current vacancy indicated on your application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor any future openings and to submit a separate application for each position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any new employee and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL99-603).
EL PASO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER