$15 to $16/hr. + additional hourly tips
Schedule (2 available):
Flexibility to extend shift hours is preferred. Seasonal job ends 12/23/2021.
Sunday and Monday 9:00am to 5:30pm, then Tuesday to Thursday, from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm (Days Off: Friday to Saturday)
Tuesday to Saturday, from 4:30 am to 1:00 pm (Days Off: Sunday and Monday)
Elephants Delicatessen is the Portland institution that brought a lot of culinary “firsts” to the area. We are looking for a prep cook who can produce quality food in our Central Production Kitchen.
This is a fast-paced, high-volume workplace filled with smart and savvy food professionals. You will work to make a wide variety of high quality food for our catering deliveries and stores: enchiladas, lasagna, chicken, pork, and steak as well as breakfast foods such as scrambles, French toast, and frittatas. Our Chefs are learning and working to build a solid career in the culinary industry. We develop and reward hard-workers.
Come cook like a pro!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have constant drive to improve
- Have a sense of urgency
- Maintain impeccable hygiene
- Be willing and open to learning and growing
- Professional cooking experience preferred
- Excellent knife skills (safety and speed, types of cuts)
- Ability to read and write English is required
- Must obtain and carry on your person a current Food Handler’s Permit
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Basic Spanish language skills a plus!
Your Mission is our Mission
A certified B Corporation, Elephants Delicatessen is passionate about great local foods from scratch and our social mission: community involvement, employee well-being, and environmental protection.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We provide a competitive wage and work perks for our employees, which includes:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on our yummy, made-from-scratch food
- A fun, energetic environment
- Chance to win employee raffles
- Discounts at selected B Corporations
- Cell phone discounts with Verizon and Sprint
- Discount at Sketchers.com and Shoes for Crews
- Counseling services
- Training and support
- Opportunities for advancement
- The opportunity to make a difference: We value every employee’s contributions and ideas