$15-$16/hr. + additional hourly tips
Schedule (2 available):
Flexibility to extend shift hours is preferred. Seasonal job ends 12/23/2021.
Tuesday to Saturday, from 5:30 am to 2:00 pm (Days Off: Sunday and Monday)
Tuesday to Saturday, from 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm (Days Off: Sunday and Monday)
We need a Dish Steward for our high-volume kitchen that serves 8 deli locations and a large catering operation. We want you to go home proud of a good day’s work. This is your chance to break into the kitchen and show what you are made of!
This is a great opportunity for a hard-working and driven individual seeking room to grow with a great locally owned B-Corp company!
We need a Dish Steward who can:
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the dish room and cleaning supplies and maintain recycling areas
- Wash all pots and pans, insure perfect cleanliness and sanitized. Return to their proper places
- Maintain all company safety, dress, and personnel policies
- Follow daily check-off list efficiently and on time
- Keep floors always dry throughout the building
- Dry dishes completely and return to their proper places.
- Sweep as needed or on request from management
- Refill soaps and hand towels as needed in bathrooms
- Follow bleach bucket schedule (use proper dilution)
- Check full garbage cans throughout shift and take to dumpsters
- Clean up spills that require mopping
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-6 months of work experience
- Experience in a commercial/ production kitchen preferred
- Successful candidates must demonstrate teamwork, cooperation, and positive attitude
- Current Oregon Food Handler’s Card
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. regularly, bend, stoop, twist, stand for several hours in a fast-paced kitchen environment (with reasonable accommodation)
Your Mission is our Mission
A certified B Corporation, Elephants Delicatessen is passionate about great local foods from scratch and our social mission: community involvement, employee well-being, and environmental protection.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We provide a competitive wage and work perks for our employees, which includes:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on our yummy, made-from-scratch food
- A fun, energetic environment
- Chance to win employee raffles
- Discounts at selected B Corporations
- Cell phone discounts with Verizon and Sprint
- Discount at Sketchers.com and Shoes for Crews
- Counseling services
- Training and support
- Opportunities for advancement
- The opportunity to make a difference: We value every employee’s contributions and ideas