$15-$16/hr. + additional hourly tips
Flexibility to extend shift hours is preferred. Seasonal job ends 12/23/2021.
Tuesday to Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (Days Off: Sunday and Monday)
Elephants Deli pastries are well known for quality and freshness. That is because we produce everything from scratch in our 24/7 bakery in SE Portland. We are looking for someone passionate about producing the highest quality. You’ll work right along-side the other 4 team-members, creating cookie dough, quick breads, pie fillings, cheesecakes, scones, and more!
You’ll be using “baker-math” to weigh and measure ingredients with the utmost accuracy and attention to detail. You’ll use machinery such as mixers, sheeter, dough divider, and stoves. Post-production, you’ll slice, cut, and store the orders from our 8 deli locations. You’ll assemble the store’s order and get it to the tucks on time for delivery.
We seek an early riser who is fast physically and mentally, someone who can trouble shoot quick solutions and get our product where it needs to be on time. You are a “morning person” and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You’re a tidy cook who always has an eye on the clock.
As the Pastry Baker, you will:
- Mix, prepare and bake off a variety of items, including but not limited to: shortbread, pies, brittle, macaroons, cookies, truffles, granola, scones, dessert bars and crackers.
- Assemble pastry platters for catering events.
- Fill pastry and bread orders for stores and catering events.
- Decorate cookies.
- Maintain all company safety, dress and personnel policies.
- Maintain recipe book with only updated Elephants’ recipes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pastry production/bakery experience or a culinary degree in pastry is preferred
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs. regularly, bend, twist, stoop, stand for several hours at a time, and work with your hands in a fast-paced kitchen environment (with reasonable accommodation).
- Can-do, supportive, & upbeat attitude.
Your Mission is our Mission
A certified B Corporation, Elephants Delicatessen is passionate about great local foods from scratch and our social mission: community involvement, employee well-being, and environmental protection.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We provide a competitive wage and work perks for our employees, which includes:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on our yummy, made-from-scratch food
- A fun, energetic environment
- Chance to win employee raffles
- Discounts at selected B Corporations
- Cell phone discounts with Verizon and Sprint
- Discount at Sketchers.com and Shoes for Crews
- Counseling services
- Training and support
- Opportunities for advancement
- The opportunity to make a difference: We value every employee’s contributions and ideas