$15-$16/hr. + additional hourly tips
Flexibility to extend shift hours is preferred. Seasonal job ends 12/23/2021.
Sunday to Thursday, from 5:30 am to 2:00 pm (Days Off: Friday and Saturday)
In our Central Production Kitchen, we have a large team of food professionals working 24/7 to produce fresh, local foods from scratch. We are looking for a skilled chopper to help break down, dice, julienne, batonnet, paysanne all of our fresh produce and ingredients. You’ll get to work with interesting, high-end ingredients while learning the ropes of the production kitchen.
This is a great development opportunity for a prep person looking to grow their career and experience. We love to cross-train eager learners!
We are looking for a Food Prep who can:
- Follow recipes to the letter!
- Demonstrate strong knife skills and be able to pre ingredients.
- Communicate; bring concerns to the attention of your supervisor.
- Thrive in a fast-paced production environment.
- Consistently maintain our high standards for quality, customer service, teamwork, food safety and cleanliness.
- Highly aware and extremely thorough in everything you do.
- Keep work area tables, shelves and drawers neat, clean, and sanitized.
- Help other cooks clean kitchen at the end of your shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in a kitchen preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., stand on feet for 8 hours, bend stoop, twist, etc. in a very physical job
- Knowledge of knife safety and solid knife skills
- Able to read and follow a recipe to the letter
Your Mission is our Mission
A certified B Corporation, Elephants Delicatessen is passionate about great local foods from scratch and our social mission: community involvement, employee well-being, and environmental protection.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We provide a competitive wage and work perks for our employees, which includes:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on our yummy, made-from-scratch food
- A fun, energetic environment
- Chance to win employee raffles
- Discounts at selected B Corporations
- Cell phone discounts with Verizon and Sprint
- Discount at Sketchers.com and Shoes for Crews
- Counseling services
- Training and support
- Opportunities for advancement
- The opportunity to make a difference: We value every employee’s contributions and ideas