$15-16/hr. + additional hourly tips
Flexibility to extend shift hours is preferred. Seasonal job ends 12/23/2021.
Tuesday – Saturday starting at 6:00 am until 2:30 pm. (Sunday & Monday OFF)
What makes Elephants Delicatessen so cool? Mostly it’s people like you. People who have a passion for quality food, love people, and want to be a part of our family of talented employees.
Right now we need someone who loves soup. Loves to make it, loves to share it! Elephants Delicatessen has served soup to generations of Portlanders. If you are ready to pick up the ladle and carry on our fine tradition of making customers slurp soup with happiness, we’d like to talk to you!
This is a great development opportunity for a Prep Cook looking to grow their career and experience. We love to cross-train eager learners!
We are looking for a soup cook who can:
- Follow soup recipes to the letter!
- Demonstrate strong knife skills and be able to prep your own ingredients.
- Communicate. If you have a problem with a recipe, bring it to the attention of your supervisor.
- Thrive in a fast-paced production environment.
- Consistently maintain our high standards for quality, customer service, teamwork, food safety and cleanliness.
- Highly aware and extremely thorough in everything you do.
- Keep work area tables, shelves and drawers neat, clean, and sanitized.
- Help other cooks clean kitchen at the end of your shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have 1-2 years of experience in a kitchen
- Great knife skills (speed and safety, knowing different cuts)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs independently and 100 lbs. with assistance, stand on feet for 8 hours, bend stoop, twist, etc. in a very physical job
- Positive attitude
- Able to read and follow a recipe to the letter
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus!
Your Mission is our Mission
A certified B Corporation, Elephants Delicatessen is passionate about great local foods from scratch and our social mission: community involvement, employee well-being, and environmental protection.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We provide a competitive wage and work perks for our employees, which includes:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on our yummy, made-from-scratch food
- A fun, energetic environment
- Chance to win employee raffles
- Discounts at selected B Corporations
- Cell phone discounts with Verizon and Sprint
- Discount at Sketchers.com and Shoes for Crews
- Counseling services
- Training and support
- Opportunities for advancement
- The opportunity to make a difference: We value every employee’s contributions and ideas