The Environmental Health and Safety Intern will assist with safety procedures, policies and internal auditing while applying their knowledge of best practices and compliance. The Intern will participate in and lead risk assessments, engage in safety committee functions, review and implement safety policies and aid in fostering a strong safety culture. In addition, the Intern will be provided opportunities to advance communication skills with all levels within a plant environment. Project management skills will also be utilized while leading and participating in a variety of projects.
The student will provide support by performing the following duties:
- Participate in and conduct risk assessments
- Evaluate current environmental practices and assist in making improvements
- Update safety policies and procedures for three locations.
- Validate compliance with key regulations.
- Provide assistance for documentation requirements.
- Assist with corrective action for incident investigations.
- Review lock out/ tag out procedures.
- Support major plant initiatives and other strategic goals in the plant
- Students completing their sophomore or junior year working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health and Safety or related field strongly preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively and/or independently in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Creative problem-solving skills essential; strong analytical skills desired.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week.