Transitional Care Center of Seattle is seeking a Part Time Registered Dietitian to join our team in Seattle, WA. We take pride in providing quality healthcare to a wide variety of residents in our communities, including many in the most vulnerable populations. Come make a difference in patients’ lives today, as well as in your own. We’re not just a job, we’ll help you build a career. Apply Now!
The Dietitian is utilized in planning, managing, and implementing dietary service activities for residents to receive adequate and safe nutrition.
- Complete comprehensive nutritional assessments and individualized nutritional care plans on residents within time frames set by state regulations and Center policies.
- Make recommendations to Nursing Services, Dietary Services, and physicians on residents’ nutritional care and Center policies.
- Monitor, evaluate, and document in medical records of residents referred related to Nutritional Risk.
- Attend Nutrition Hydration Skin Committee meeting.
- Review and approve menus.
- Participate in various meetings and committees as appointed.
- Complete Center evaluation tools as requested (e.g. Dietary Services Comprehensive Summary and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) tools).
- Assist in problem identification and implementation of solutions for residents’ nutritional health and food service areas.
- Assist in developing and implementing efficient processes and systems to assist residents’ in reaching the highest practicable level of nutritional well-being.
- Assist in adherence to state and federal regulations and Center policies and programs.
- Provide in-services to Dietary Services and other staff as required by state regulations or as needed in the Center.
- May serve as a preceptor for those employees involved in a Dietary Manager’s course.
- Train and/or assist in training new Dietary Services Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to travel and/or attend educational offerings presented by the Center, as well as approved offerings by Association conferences or other entities.
- Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers, and other Center staff. Possess special interest in and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents and the elderly.
- Ability to taste and smell food to determine quality and palatability.
- Meets health requirements imposed by law.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Nutrition, Dietetics, or Food Service Administration (or as required by state regulations).
- Completion of Dietetic Internship or equivalent.
- Registered with the American Dietetic Association and complete continuing education to remain registered (as required by state regulations).
- State licensure or certification (as required by state regulations).
- Prefer long-term care experience and/or food service supervisory experience.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Plan
- Paid Sick Leave, Vacation, & Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Hardship Fund
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Long-Term Service Recognition
- Training & Educational Assistance
Transitional Care Center of Seattle
2611 S Dearborn Street
Seattle, WA 98144
EmpRes Healthcare is a 100% employee owned company. We embody a spirit and value system that encourages loyalty, honesty and a Commitment to Caring. From our belief that people are always the number one priority, the EmpRes Healthcare companies are committed to:
- Caring about our residents, families, employees and communities
- Excellence in service
- Treating our residents, families and employees with dignity and respect at all times
- Sound stewardship of our financial and human resources
EmpRes Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.