This position provides general support for routine compliance reporting at the White Mesa Mill and conventional mines, including the preparation of compliance documentation for the mill and mines, assisting in preparing reports and responses to regulatory actions, and taking primary responsibility for certain compliance and reporting functions, such as the radon NESHAPs compliance reporting for the mines. The position also provides support for other regulatory functions, including permitting and licensing actions for the mill and mines, commensurate with level of experience as determined by the Manager, Regulatory Compliance and Vice President, Regulatory Affairs.
- Provide routine compliance reporting support for the mill under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager (QAM), including preparation of draft reports (e.g., groundwater, nitrate, chloroform, effluent and environmental monitoring) for internal review.
- Coordinate environmental compliance programs for mine sites (e.g., inspections, monitoring, recordkeeping) and prepare routine compliance reports for internal review.
- Coordinate radon (NESHAPs) compliance programs for the mill/mine sites, including monitoring, recordkeeping, reviewing field data, and preparing input/output files for routine compliance reporting in consultation with third-party consultant.
- Update plans and procedures for the mill/mines as required including environmental protection, radiation protection, emergency response, SWPPP, SPCC, etc.
- Provide data tables, time-concentration plots, and other graphic outputs for project specific reports, plans or other agency submittals as required.
- Prepare maps, figures and other illustrations for project specific reports, plans or other agency submittals as required.
- Conduct environmental evaluations and make recommendations to improve environmental performance.
- Support internal compliance auditing including ALARA audits and other EHS audits as required.
- Assist with mill permit/license amendments and renewals, requests for additional information and responses to other regulatory actions as needed.
- Assist with permitting of new mines and/or mine expansions (NEPA, CWA, CAA) and responses to other regulatory actions as needed.
- Assist with preparation and tracking of Department budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.