ERI is seeking business development/outreach professionals to support the delivery of energy efficiency programs in California. This can be a part-time or full-time position and the location is flexible. The job duties can be performed remotely. This position is responsible for delivering program awareness, identifying opportunities, and achieving program participation to support energy savings goals. These efforts will be executed through direct engagement with commercial, industrial, and agricultural customers and contractors as well as executing marketing strategies to include speaking at events and identifying effective collateral content and distribution.
Responsible for the promotion of energy efficiency projects to assigned accounts or within a given territory. Makes and develops contacts with existing and potential customers. Analyzes existing and anticipated customer requirements and promotes consideration of appropriate energy efficiency projects and measures. Participates in the preparation of sales plans and campaigns, business plans, and product development plans. Conducts sales presentations. Maintains up-to-date and accurate sales records. Maintains technical proficiency and consults with prospective customers regarding program participation. Keeps informed of new measures and other information of interest to customers. Investigates new applications or improvements to program. Provides marketing intelligence to management and may participate in the development of forecasts and strategies.
Essential functions include developing/ supporting marketing strategies (targeting high potential prospects), identifying energy saving solutions, conducting demos and training, and inspecting installations of energy efficient equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree (or expected within 1 year) from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record and a reliable vehicle
- Able to travel by car daily within assigned territory.
- Strong customer service skills to include highly effective communication in person, over email, and over the phone.
- Self-driven and a team player.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with program participants and market partners.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking.
- Ability and experience to effectively work across multiple internal functions (engineering, marketing, operations, etc.).
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to monitor and manage efficiency project progress while seeking additional opportunities within new or repeat customers.
- Experience utilizing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system or a similar system to effectively track business development activities.
- Proficiency with computer and mobile technology devices.
- Ability read and monitor performance metrics to support program goals.
- Demonstrated experience with field-based activities and ability to effectively work remote.
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of MS Office tools i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with basic energy efficiency calculations and terminology.
- Proficient with energy efficiency core technology areas such as HVAC, Lighting, motors, and compressed air.
- Experience with utility-sponsored energy efficiency programs.
- Previous experience with energy efficiency technologies and how to “sell” the benefits with electric and gas energy efficiency.
- Experience and/or understanding of electric and gas utility rates.
- Experience and/or existing relationships with commercial, industrial, and agriculture businesses within California.
- Certifications and/or memberships related to the energy industry.
With your application, please provide a resume, cover letter, and references. In your cover letter, please indicate your preference for full-time or part-time employment.