EUGENE FAMILY YMCA JOB DESCRIPTION
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The Achievement Gap Site Director is responsible for the oversight of the after school signature program in partnership with the collaborating school and BEST program. The Site Director serves as the primary contact to the school administration and faculty and helps establish the YUSA signature program at the assigned school.
The Afterschool Site Director must have the competencies, skills and proven leadership ability to successfully carry out the YMCA mission, goals and vision for serving the community. Other important responsibilities include the following:
- Administer the day-to-day operation of the after school program, ensuring that all the program components are implemented to required dosage.
- Complete an implementation plan and S.A.F.E. framework based activities to address each of the program components.
- Train and supervise group leaders, tutors and volunteers.
- Prepare and monitor staff schedule at all times, modifying it as necessary to maintain appropriate staff-to-child ratios.
- Coordinate with the school’s administration, teachers, and other community partnerships to successfully implement the program.
- Facilitate integration of the YMCA after school signature program into the overall school culture in collaboration with school leadership.
- Evaluate program quality and fidelity, implementing necessary steps to remedy weaknesses .
- Promote a team concept through a positive approach to supervision, communication, and interactions with others. Maintain ongoing communication with supervisor and appropriate staff at all levels of the YMCA.
- Plan, implement and attend appealing and meaningful programs and events for parents and/or families on a regular basis; provides an ongoing network (formal and informal) of support for program parents.
- Manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget.
- Supports HEPA, healthy eating and physical activity.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed. Maintains positive relationships with state child care licensing agency.
- Provides upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
- Maintains proper records/department files. Keep track of program records on site.
- Acts as a role model to children and staff.
- Decision Making
- Quality Results
- 20 semester or 30 quarter credits in Child Development, Early education, Physical Education, Recreation, Special Education, Early Education OR a minimum of one year experience working in a child care center licensed by the state or a combination of the two.
- One year management experience
- Valid driver’s license.
- Adult/Child/Infant CPR & First Aid, Oregon Food Handler’s certification and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Enrolled in the Child Care Division Central Background Registry (oregonearlylearning.com) and proof of enrollment.
- Previous experience with diverse population preferred.
- The ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from all backgrounds a must.
- Acquire 18 hours of training per year. 5 hours in management/leadership, 8 hours in child development.
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Positive Attitude
- Decision Making
- Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities such as sports, games and curriculum activities and monitor behavior inside and outside.
- Must be able to walk, run, stand, sit, kneel and get back to a standing position.
- Ability to lift and carry weight of 50lbs.
- General housekeeping – Mop/Sweep. Take trash out. Wash dishes. Clean tables, toys, stack and put baskets away etc.
Before School- (McCornack & River Road) 6:50a-8:40a
After School- McCornack & River Road 2:15p-6p, Friday early release 1p-6p
Howard 1:40p-6p, Friday early release 12:25p-6p
Additional hours on No School Days, meetings and training
The Eugene Family YMCA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check.