Summer Internship in Machine Learning, Signal Processing and Computer Vision
At Expedition Technology (EXP), we push the boundaries of what is possible every day. Our engineers work on the toughest problems in Computer Vision, Image Processing and Digital Signal Processing using applied deep learning and machine learning to solve difficult problems for our customers. Each of our successes furthers our vision of building EXP into a formidable provider of differentiated products and solutions for our Department of Defense and Intelligence Community clients.
Our standards are high and the opportunities are amazing. You’ll have the chance to work with the best and brightest minds in engineering, physics, math and more while leading ground-breaking work that will help our country maintain security and operational advantage in a constantly changing world.
We are seeking interns for the summer of 2020 to support our projects and learn applied machine learning, computer vision, and signal processing techniques. We are especially interested in candidates with a proven interest in one or more of the following areas:
- Machine-learning, including deep-learning
- Computer vision and pattern recognition
- Image and video processing
- Digital signal processing
- Data science and analysis
- Navigation and tracking
Successful applicants will work closely with senior engineers to support one of our programs, potentially including a combination of conceptual R&D and product development. Interns will be compensated at an hourly rate of pay.
Find out what summer at EXP is like by reading this blog post written by one our amazing former interns: https://www.exptechinc.com/machine-learning/my-summer-at-expedition-technology-as-a-machine-learning-intern/
Requirements for Summer Internships
- Must be currently attending college or university pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering, computer science, computer engineering, physics, math or related field of study
- Some experience with programming in Python (Python strongly preferred, Matlab acceptable)
- Proven interest in machine learning/deep learning, signal processing or computer vision through course selection, extra-curricular club activities and/or personal reading or projects
- Students with graduation dates of December, 2022 or May, 2023 (rising seniors and/or second-year grad students) very strongly preferred
- U.S. citizenship is required
Also, read the perspective of one of our intern mentors as she reflects upon our summer 2019 intern program: https://www.exptechinc.com/news/the-exp-internship-program/
EXP is an employee-owned defense and aerospace technology company seeking scientists and engineers who enjoy tackling challenging problems. Our standards are high and the opportunities are amazing. You’ll have the chance to work with the best and brightest minds in engineering, physics, math and more while leading ground-breaking work that will help our country maintain a security and operational advantage in a constantly changing world.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes a diverse range of talent creates an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information or protected veteran status.