THE EXPRESSWAY FORWARD
In January of 2020, the Company launched the EXPRESSway Forward strategy based on four foundational pillars – Product, Brand, Customer, Execution. Since that time, the Company has advanced initiatives in each of these areas and across all departments. The corporate strategy is fueled and supported by a culture that is defined by three values – Express Yourself, Express Together, Express Success.
EXPRESS ASSOCIATE STYLIST
The Associate Stylist creates memorable experiences for customers by applying and embodying a hospitality mindset and delivering a personalized approach to styling that helps to fulfill the Express brand purpose: Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression.
This position is responsible for contributing to the total Style Squad’s success. Because the presentation of our product is a key contributor to its appeal, Associate Stylists will also assist with stocking, cleaning and folding. Additionally, our Associate Stylists are brand ambassadors for the Express experience and promote to potential squad members an inclusive squad mentality built on teamwork and shared objectives.
• Exemplify a hospitality mindset and deliver on all aspects of the Express Customer Experience Philosophy to create outstanding experiences for customers/clients
• Support Style Squad interconnectedness and approach customer engagement with the thought that it is a ‘team sport’ by actively engaging with colleagues to deliver the very best customer experience
• Encourage style squad members to gather and share new styling ideas
• Approach styling thoughtfully, representing both the Express Design & Merchandising philosophy and each customer’s unique wardrobe needs
• Maintain a clean and organized sales floor, checkout, fitting room, and stockroom
• Assist with product launch changes according to standard operating procedures
Required Experienced & Qualifications
• High school or equivalent education
• Entry level position
• Willing and able to meet defined availability criteria including nights, weekends and non-business hours
• Proficient in use of retail technology such as iPads and registers
Critical Skills & Attributes
• Previous retail or hospitality experience preferred
• Hospitality mindset with a genuine desire to create positive and memorable customer experiences
• Excellent customer service skills and natural ability to interact comfortably with people
• Desire to help the total Squad succeed
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to adjust message delivery and tone to suit the audience