Fahlgren Mortine is seeking a virtual Integrated Communications Intern to support the company’s existing client relationships. This internship opportunity is remote and will provide the selected candidate with experience working in an integrated communications company in a work-from-home setting. The intern will learn about the intersection of paid, earned, owned and shared media channels.
This virtual internship will be managed by team members in Fahlgren Mortine’s Boise, Idaho and Cleveland, Ohio offices. Current undergraduate juniors and seniors with communications and/or marketing experience are encouraged to apply for the paid 10-week internship, which will begin in January/February 2022.
- Conducts new business and client/competitor research and analysis
- Develops media lists, influencer lists, editorial calendars and media results reports
- Participates in both internal team and client meetings
- Writes news releases, website copy, fact sheets, collateral copy, social media content and other materials, and may support the development of integrated campaign materials including case studies, etc.
- Conducts social media and brand research, as well as audits
- Interacts with local, trade and national media, as well as influencers, when appropriate
- Other duties, as assigned
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES FOR POTENTIAL GROWTH:
- Exposure to a broad agency setting with communications, marketing, strategic planning, media, creative and digital disciplines
- Ability to cultivate diverse skills through a well-rounded experience by working in a variety of industries, including consumer, non-profit, business-to-business, education, healthcare, retail, technology and tourism accounts
- Exposure to Fahlgren Mortine’s subsidiary, TURNER, a nationally recognized boutique communications firm specializing in lifestyle, travel, wellness and outdoor brands
- Opportunity to tailor existing internship program to meet individual needs
- Opportunity to develop proficiencies with leading-edge communications technology research tools, including Muck Rack and Critical Mention
- Opportunity to write creative and media briefs, and blog posts
- One-on-one mentoring with designated individuals
- Exposure to a variety of marketing and communications focus areas, including media relations, internal communications, investor relations, industry analyst relations, public affairs, strategic research, branding, crisis communications, social media, influencer marketing, media planning and buying, paid search, brand planning and more
To apply, you must be a full-time undergraduate student. While preference is given to public relations, communications, marketing, advertising and journalism majors, all applicants will be considered. Prior internship experience in public relations, communications, marketing or journalism is also a plus.
Ideal applicants possess:
- Strong research, organizational and writing skills
- A proven understanding of marketing and communications, social media and online and traditional media
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency using AP Style is preferred
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Ability to take initiative and assume responsibility
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Excellent attention to detail, including proofreading
- A positive attitude and drive
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume for this internship position.
Please, no phone calls. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
Fahlgren Mortine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.