Company: Fair Hills Resort is a family vacation destination and convention center. Owned and operated by the Kaldahl family since 1926, this beautiful lakeside resort and its accompanying properties offer a unique venue for events of all kinds and family reunions. Open seasonally from May through the beginning of October, Fair Hills hosts over 50 events each year, 10 weeks of family season vacations, and serves hundreds of meals each day. These exciting properties offer opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions of multiple industries.
Position: This internship will focus on the exciting world of the Fair Hills Resort kitchen and is geared toward a college student who is pursuing a degree in the culinary arts. During our peak family season, the kitchen provides anywhere from 200-250 meals three times a day. We also cater to business meetings, weddings, and special groups before and after family season. The intern will assist our Head Chef in ordering inventory, scheduling staff, and preparing meals. The intern will assist in all kitchen departments; prep, salad & bakery. The intern will be able to also work cooking events “off-site” out of the kitchen. The internship will provide emphasis on the following skills: basic & advanced culinary skills and efficiently running /organizing a full kitchen & staff.
- Flexibility is required – jumping in to help other departments at the resort as necessary is an expectation.
- Interns must be able to work from at least the beginning of June through the middle of August – preference is given to those who have wider availability from May – September.
- Weekend, weekday, and holiday availability is required.
- Morning & Evening availability – weekly schedules are subject to change
All Internships will focus on the following skills
- Customer Service
- Promoting a Positive Work & Vacation Environment
Wages & Benefits
- 35-40 hours per week
- Pay starts at $10.40 per hour
- Eligible for up to a $1.00 per hour additional bonus
- On-Site Housing available – $12 per day (includes 3 meals per day & WiFi)
- Access to Fair Hills & Wildflower Amenities
- Commuter Meals available for $3 per meal
Please complete THIS APPLICATION and submit for further review. Once submitted, you should hear back from us within 1-2 weeks. Thank you for applying to join our team!