Company: Fair Hills Resort is a family vacation destination and convention center. Owned and operated by the Kaldahl family since 1926, this beautiful lakeside resort and its accompanying properties offer a unique venue for events of all kinds and family reunions. Open seasonally from May through the beginning of October, Fair Hills hosts over 50 events each year, 10 weeks of family season vacations, and serves hundreds of meals each day. These exciting properties offer opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions of multiple industries.
Position: This internship will provide an understanding of the hospitality industry, specifically in our food & beverage division and is geared toward a college student pursuing a degree in Hospitality & Tourism Management. The student will work directly with our Dining Room Manager who oversees our kitchen services, dining room, and events that include food & beverage. The intern will assist with setting up food & beverage stations for all events, supervising waitrons and other team members, setting performance standards for guest service, and ensuring the overall guest dining experience. Each intern will be assigned an area to oversee; dishes, guest services, dietary restrictions, and off-site catering. This internship will provide an emphasis on the following skills: organization, ability to multi-task, guest services, managing inventories, and organizing special orders.
- Flexibility is required – jumping in to help other departments at the resort as necessary is an expectation.
- Interns must be able to work from at least the beginning of June through the middle of August – preference is given to those who have wider availability from May – September.
- Weekend, weekday, and holiday availability is required.
- Morning & Evening availability – weekly schedules are subject to change
All Internships will focus on the following skills
- Customer Service
- Promoting a Positive Work & Vacation Environment
Wages & Benefits
- 35-40 hours per week
- Pay starts at $10.40 per hour
- Eligible for up to a $1.00 per hour additional bonus
- On-Site Housing available – $12 per day (includes 3 meals per day & WiFi)
- Access to Fair Hills & Wildflower Amenities
- Commuter Meals available for $3 per meal
Please complete THIS APPLICATION and submit for further review. Once submitted, you should hear back from us within 1-2 weeks. Thank you for applying to join our team!