Company: Fair Hills Resort is a family vacation destination and convention center. Owned and operated by the Kaldahl family since 1926, this beautiful lakeside resort and its accompanying properties offer a unique venue for events of all kinds and family reunions. Open seasonally from May through the beginning of October, Fair Hills hosts over 50 events each year, 10 weeks of family season vacations, and serves hundreds of meals each day. These exciting properties offer opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions of multiple industries.
Position: This internship will focus on Golf Operations at Wildflower Golf Course and is geared toward a college student pursuing a degree in Golf Enterprise Management. The student will report directly to the General Manager of the Golf Course. This internship includes responsibility of staff supervision while acting as manager on duty, completing front desk tasks which include but not limited to, checking in golfers, answer the telephone, and face-to-face interaction with customers. The intern will also assist with facilitating tournaments and weekly league events. Finally, the intern will assist in managing the pro-shop which includes merchandising, running promotions, and meeting sales goals. This internship will provide an emphasis on the following skills: organizing & running tournaments, building guest relations and supervising staff.
- Flexibility is required – jumping in to help other departments at the resort as necessary is an expectation.
- Interns must be able to work from at least the beginning of June through the middle of August – preference is given to those who have wider availability from May – September.
- Weekend, weekday, and holiday availability is required.
- Morning & Evening availability – weekly schedules are subject to change
All Internships will focus on the following skills
- Customer Service
- Promoting a Positive Work & Vacation Environment
Wages & Benefits
- 35-40 hours per week
- Pay starts at $10.40 per hour
- Eligible for up to a $1.00 per hour additional bonus
- On-Site Housing available – $12 per day (includes 3 meals per day & WiFi)
- Access to Fair Hills & Wildflower Amenities
- Commuter Meals available for $3 per meal
Please complete THIS APPLICATION and submit for further review. Once submitted, you should hear back from us within 1-2 weeks. Thank you for applying to join our team!