Company: Fair Hills Resort is a family vacation destination and convention center. Owned and operated by the Kaldahl family since 1926, this beautiful lakeside resort and its accompanying properties offer a unique venue for events of all kinds and family reunions. Open seasonally from May through the beginning of October, Fair Hills hosts over 50 events each year, 10 weeks of family season vacations, and serves hundreds of meals each day. These exciting properties offer opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions of multiple industries.
Position: This internship will focus on one of the most important departments in any Hotel or Resort: Housekeeping. It is crucial for any Hospitality Manager to have a good understanding and knowledge base of the housekeeping department. This internship will focus on running, organizing and supervising the housekeeping department and is geared toward a college student who is pursuing a degree in Hospitality & Tourism Management with the goal to one day run a resort or hotel. This student will work directly with our Housekeeping Director who manages a staff of 15-20 that take care of our 100+ cabins daily. This intern will assist in housekeeping board assignments, cabin inspections, coordinate extra cabin rentals (fridges, fans, etc.), train new staff, supervise & schedule staff, and assist in product ordering & inventory. Intern will learn and use our Property Management System, Resort Data Processing (RDP), on a daily basis to run arrivals, reports and coordinate extra cabin rentals. This internship will emphasize the following skills: efficiently using a Property Management System, staff supervision, and guest relations.
- Flexibility is required – jumping in to help other departments at the resort as necessary is an expectation.
- Interns must be able to work from at least the beginning of June through the middle of August – preference is given to those who have wider availability from May – September.
- Weekend, weekday, and holiday availability is required.
- Morning & Evening availability – weekly schedules are subject to change
All Internships will focus on the following skills
- Customer Service
- Promoting a Positive Work & Vacation Environment
Wages & Benefits
- 35-40 hours per week
- Pay starts at $10.40 per hour
- Eligible for up to a $1.00 per hour additional bonus
- On-Site Housing available – $12 per day (includes 3 meals per day & WiFi)
- Access to Fair Hills & Wildflower Amenities
- Commuter Meals available for $3 per meal
Please complete THIS APPLICATION and submit for further review. Once submitted, you should hear back from us within 1-2 weeks. Thank you for applying to join our team!