Company: Fair Hills Resort is a family vacation destination and convention center. Owned and operated by the Kaldahl family since 1926, this beautiful lakeside resort and its accompanying properties offer a unique venue for events of all kinds and family reunions. Open seasonally from May through the beginning of October, Fair Hills hosts over 50 events each year, 10 weeks of family season vacations, and serves hundreds of meals each day. These exciting properties offer opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions of multiple industries.
Position: This internship will focus on the planning and execution of daily guest & staff activities and is geared toward a college student pursuing a degree in Recreation Management or Hospitality & Tourism Management. The intern would report directly to both the Recreation Director & Human Resources Director. Fair Hills facilitates daily activities for its 150-250 guests. We also hire around 120 staff for each season, 30 of which are international students from around the world. Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, organizing trips & activities for international staff, planning annual summer events for all staff, facilitating weekly guest events and being an on-site contact for all events. Intern must have good interpersonal communication skills, a positive personality, and be quick to learn information important for guests and staff. This internship will provide emphasis on the following skills: organizing detailed events, coordinating large groups, and promoting guest and staff relations.
- Flexibility is required – jumping in to help other departments at the resort as necessary is an expectation.
- Interns must be able to work from at least the beginning of June through the middle of August – preference is given to those who have wider availability from May – September.
- Weekend, weekday, and holiday availability is required.
- Morning & Evening availability – weekly schedules are subject to change
All Internships will focus on the following skills
- Customer Service
- Promoting a Positive Work & Vacation Environment
Wages & Benefits
- 35-40 hours per week
- Pay starts at $10.08 per hour
- Eligible for up to a $1.00 per hour additional bonus
- On-Site Housing available – $12 per day (includes 3 meals per day & WiFi)
- Access to Fair Hills & Wildflower Amenities
- Commuter Meals available for $3 per meal