Company: Fair Hills Resort is a family vacation destination and convention center. Owned and operated by the Kaldahl family since 1926, this beautiful lakeside resort and its accompanying properties offer a unique venue for events of all kinds and family reunions. Open seasonally from May through the beginning of October, Fair Hills hosts over 50 events each year, 10 weeks of family season vacations, and serves hundreds of meals each day. These exciting properties offer opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions of multiple industries.
Position: This internship will focus on maintaining the grounds of 27+ holes of golf and is geared toward a college student who is pursuing a degree in Horticulture, Turf Grass Sciences or Golf Enterprise Management. The student will report directly to the Superintendent of the courses. Intern will gain knowledge of the golf course industry and work within a team that is dedicated to course playability and aesthetics each and every day. This intern will be in charge of supervision of the crew and delegation of duties, documenting moisture levels and running daily reports for the state of the course as well as machine operation and maintenance. This internship will provide an emphasis on the following skills: creating schedules and renovation plans, disease identification & management and general grounds maintenance, repair and management.
- Flexibility is required – jumping in to help other departments at the resort as necessary is an expectation.
- Interns must be able to work from at least the beginning of June through the middle of August – preference is given to those who have wider availability from May – September.
- Weekend, weekday, and holiday availability is required.
- Morning & Evening availability – weekly schedules are subject to change
All Internships will focus on the following skills
- Customer Service
- Promoting a Positive Work & Vacation Environment
Wages & Benefits
- 35-40 hours per week
- Pay starts at $10.40 per hour
- Eligible for up to a $1.00 per hour additional bonus
- On-Site Housing available – $12 per day (includes 3 meals per day & WiFi)
- Access to Fair Hills & Wildflower Amenities
- Commuter Meals available for $3 per meal
Please complete THIS APPLICATION and submit for further review. Once submitted, you should hear back from us within 1-2 weeks. Thank you for applying to join our team!