$1000 sign-on bonus plus $400 bonus if vaccinated!
Family Building Blocks is offering new employees a $1000 sign-on bonus and $400 bonus if vaccinated!
- First day of employment must be before 9/30/2021!
- You must be actively employed at time of bonus payout.
- Payouts for sign-on bonus will occur in 2 installments, $500 payable after 30 days of employment and $500 after 90 days of employment.
- Covid-19 vaccine bonus will be paid after 30 days of employment for staff who show proof of being fully vaccinated at hire.
If at any time in the process you either voluntarily or involuntarily end employment, you would no longer be eligible to receive the sign-on or vaccine bonus.
Family Building Blocks is seeking to hire a full time Accountant located in Salem Oregon!
What we offer:
- Starting $50k-$55K DOE
- Employer-paid Medical and Dental insurance with buy-up options
- Employer-paid basic group life insurance
- Discounted fitness center/gym memberships
- Alternative care supplemental benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer paid time off
- Inclement weather paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Discounted cell phone plans
Why work at Family Building Blocks?
Family Building Blocks is a non-profit organization that serves children and families with the mission to keep children safe and families together. Our values reflect the services we provide and the culture we embrace for our staff. Our Rock Star employees are the most valuable asset we have and we appreciate their hard work and dedication. Our employees enjoy working and thriving in a positive and collaborative work environment that fosters professional growth, inclusiveness and diversity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs routine accounting functions, balancing financial reports and ledgers with general financial reports and the general ledger.
- Balances and reconciles payroll data, reporting taxes, wage deductions, record keeping and verifying the reliability of pay data.
- On a monthly basis reconciles revenue reporting between fundraising database and accounting software.
- Serves as a back up to the Fiscal Specialist for cutting checks, processing payroll, etc.
- Prepares monthly financial reports, such as an income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows.
- Prepares monthly variance report for top management indicating each month’s actual figures compared to budgeted amounts.
- Maintains financial records in an accurate manner.
- Prepares fiscal reports for public and private grant applications.
- Implements standard accounting procedures and administrative functions. Provides information to the Leadership Team, assisting them in analyzing and evaluating revenue and expenses.
- Participates in budget planning for public and private grant applications.
- Supports the Sr. Director of Program Administration in preparing the annual budget prior to each fiscal year.
- Maintains compliance with tax laws.
- Properly accounts for 401(k) contributions.
- Routinely conducts financial reviews of all areas and control of all revenue and expenses; reporting concerns to the Sr. Director of Program Administration and Executive Director for resolution.
- Coordinates and acts as point person for audit and financial statement/tax return preparation, as well as Forms 5500 and 990.
- Conducts quarterly quality assurance audits of accounting related procedures. Report findings to Sr. Director of Program Administration and Executive Director.
- Supports the organization in maintaining an appropriate separation of duties for cash handling, check receipts, check log, bank reconciliations, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, fiscal management, or a related field, and five years of experience in a hands-on finance or accounting position, ideally in non-profit setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated financial/accounting reporting systems and federal/state financial regulations.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Skills in database management, Abila system and record keeping- Preferred.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.