This summer get paid to make a positive impact, develop professional skills, and have FUN!
Located in the Lakes Region of southwest Maine, Fernwood Cove is a girls’ half-season overnight summer camp. We are currently seeking dedicated and creative-thinking applicants for our Summer Photography and Media Intern position. This position provides a holistic experience in the planning, development, and production of print and video media production. This internship is ideal for anyone pursuing a career in digital media or marketing. This internship is a unique opportunity for individuals seeking a career in marketing or media in the outdoor industry.
Seasonal lodging, meals, and laundry service are included with all camp counselor positions.
Interns are supervised by the Associate Director of Staff Development who has over a decade of training and leading seasonal staff members and interns. Interns can expect to work at least fifty hours per seven-day week throughout the duration of the nine week internship. Interns receive individualized training specific to their role and responsibilities. This includes, but is not limited to Additionally, interns participate in the full ten-day Fernwood Cove staff training. Opportunities for First Aid and CPR/AED certification are also available.
Specific learning objectives are guided by the professional goals and academic requirements of each intern. General learning objectives include developing leadership, communication, and organizational skills as they relate to program planning, staff coordination, and overall business operations. Interns receive regular feedback regarding performance, growth, and needed improvements. Additionally, interns regularly assess their progress towards meeting personal, professional, and academic goals.
Interns can expect to complete a wide variety of tasks, helping to ensure a holistic learning experience. The Photography and Media intern is the primary photographer for all Fernwood Cove programs and events throughout the summer season. They are responsible for taking professional quality photographs to be used in Fernwood Cove marketing materials as well as the summer Yearbook and Slideshow/video. Additionally, the intern is responsible for the development and creation of the Yearbook and Slideshow/video for each camp session.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Junior or Senior level students or recent graduates in Digital Media, Marketing, or similar degree programs.
- Have a strong desire to learn while also contributing to the overall success of Fernwood Cove programs.
- Prior experience producing high quality photographs both indoors and outdoors.
- Prior experience using Adobe software for editing and media development.
- Prior experience in the development and creation of print and video media.
- High level of knowledge in photography for marketing purposes, including utilizing a variety of photography styles and methods.
- Highly motivated and able to complete tasks without direct supervision.
Top Reasons To Work At Fernwood Cove This Summer
- Receive academic credit while getting paid.
- Develop valuable leadership, communication, time management, and problem solving skills while making lifelong friendships.
- Serve as a mentor and role model to Fernwood Cove Staff, Campers, and CITs.
- Join a safe and supportive global community with a focus on personal growth for all
- Work in the beautiful surroundings of Maine alongside young adults with a similar drive and passion to make an impact as yourself.
About Fernwood Cove
Be a part of the Fernwood Cove community where you will learn and grow while also having a positive impact on others.
Fernwood Cove is an overnight summer camp for girls located in Harrison, Maine. Proudly traditional, it offers a complete sleep away camp experience in two 3 ½-week sessions. A welcoming and inclusive community where girls develop life-long friendships while gaining valuable communication, team work, and decision making skills that last a lifetime. Whether it’s team building on the high ropes course, gymnastics in the gym, creating personalized projects in creative arts, or building confidence through performances in theatre, campers are promised to receive high-quality, skill-based instruction from dedicated staff. A supportive community that fosters the growth and development, nestled on the shores of Island Pond, Fernwood Cove provides extraordinary summers for girls!