This summer get paid to make a positive impact, develop professional skills, and have FUN!
Located in the Lakes Region of southwest Maine, Fernwood Cove is a girls’ half-season overnight summer camp. We are currently seeking dedicated and detail oriented healthcare professionals to join our healthcare team for the coming summer. Live and work in the beautiful surroundings of Maine while gaining highly valuable professional experience and clinical hours.
Preferred: Healthcare staff must hold current healthcare licensing (LPN, RN, PA, NP). Assistance in obtaining licensure in Maine is provided. Current First Aid and CPR/AED certification is also required and can be provided by camp. Healthcare staff oversee the daily healthcare of the Fernwood Cove community in our residential camp setting. Healthcare staff also assist in training of Fernwood Cove counselors and staff in healthcare related practices.
Seasonal lodging (private rooms), meals, and laundry service are included.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in pediatrics is highly desired.
- Experience in providing emergency care and triaging day-to-day illnesses and injuries is highly desired.
- Ability to work in a rustic environment and traverse uneven and hilly terrain.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Highly motivated and able to complete tasks without direct supervision.
- Team oriented with proven communication skills.
Top Reasons To Work At Fernwood Cove This Summer
- Obtain highly valuable professional healthcare experience and skills in an alternative healthcare setting.
- Develop valuable leadership, communication, time management, and problem solving skills while making lifelong friendships.
- Join a safe and supportive global community with a focus on personal growth for all
- Work in the beautiful surroundings of Maine alongside young adults with a similar drive and passion to make an impact as yourself.
About Fernwood Cove
Be a part of the Fernwood Cove community where you will learn and grow while also having a positive impact on others.
Fernwood Cove is an overnight summer camp for girls located in Harrison, Maine. Proudly traditional, it offers a complete sleep away camp experience in two 3 ½-week sessions. A welcoming and inclusive community where girls develop life-long friendships while gaining valuable communication, team work, and decision making skills that last a lifetime. Whether it’s team building on the high ropes course, gymnastics in the gym, creating personalized projects in creative arts, or building confidence through performances in theatre, campers are promised to receive high-quality, skill-based instruction from dedicated staff. A supportive community that fosters the growth and development, nestled on the shores of Island Pond, Fernwood Cove provides extraordinary summers for girls!