FireEye Threat Intelligence is a proactive, forward-looking means of qualifying threats poised to disrupt your business based on the intents, tools, and tactics of the attacker. Our high-fidelity, comprehensive intelligence delivers visibility beyond the typical attack lifecycle, adding context and priority to global threats before, during, and after an attack.
FireEye Intelligence’s Financial Crime team is seeking a Threat Intelligence Analyst Intern to join us for the summer of 2022. The Financial Crime team identifies, tracks, and reports on financially-motivated threat actors impacting organizations across the globe. This work supports corporate and government intelligence clients and other divisions of FireEye.
- Leverage technical research create written intelligence reporting to address coverage needs, under the direction of senior analysts. These will typically be 2-3, page analytical reports, written for a wide audience
- Conduct independent research on technical and cyber crime topics, drawing from open and proprietary sources to answer specific questions about ongoing financial crime activity
Interns will be receiving informal on-the-job training to provide specific subject matter expertise, but successful candidates will also need to demonstrate their ability to proactively learn designated subject matter and roles relatively easily. Internship candidates will be asked to perform a simple evaluation task during the candidate selection process to assess their capability.
- 1+ years’ experience, via internships, classes, projects and similar, in the research and collection of information to develop analytical reports
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive, practical knowledge of research and collection skills as well as analytic methods
- Ability to assess and analyze information from various sources to develop actionable intelligence
- Strong writing skills with ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Passion for information security and cyber crime analysis.
- Awareness of currently-prominent cyber threats, malware, and threat groups
- Previous experience or knowledge of cybersecurity concepts, including the cyber threat landscape, common tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and threat actor/group tracking
- Familiarity with tools such as VirusTotal and DomainTools and researching in underground forums.
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.