This position is responsible for coordination of sacred choral music and contemporary praise music under the supervision or delegation of the Head Pastor. This responsibility includes selection of music and direction of the choir, bell-choir, ensembles, and praise team.
Accountability: Accountable to the Pastor/Head of Staff and to the Session (the church’s governing board) and the Personnel Committee in the performance of responsibilities.
Relationships: Serves as a member of the Worship and Music ministry team. Collaborates with Pastor/Head of Staff, Organist/Accompanist, and other church staff.
1. Direct, coordinate, and administer the choir, bell-choir, ensembles, and praise team.
2. Select music and coordinate performance and accompaniment with Pastor/Head of Staff.
3. Organize and lead rehearsals for all groups.
4. Recruit new singers and musicians with a welcoming and inclusive sprit.
5. Maintain music library.
6. Provide the Administrative Coordinator with the information necessary for inclusion in the weekly church bulletin for weekly services or other special occasions.
7. Meet weekly with the Pastor/Head of Staff, organist, and staff to plan and coordinate services. Additionally, participate in seasonal prayer and planning days (up to four annually).
8. Serve as a member of the Worship and Music ministry team (meets monthly).
Responsibilities may change based upon musical needs as determined by Pastor/Head of Staff.