There is nothing more rewarding than knowing you made a difference in helping a child speak their first words or acquire a new skill. FirstSteps for Kids, Inc. is dedicated to making a meaningful impact in the lives of children with autism and related disorders by designing and implementing ABA programs of the highest quality, integrity, and compassion. Applied Behavior Analysis, or ABA, is the science we utilize to develop therapy that focuses on partnering with children and their families to meet their personal goals for achieving as independent and joyful life as possible, including developing behavior such as social skills, communication, play skills, and school skills, as well as daily-living skills such as fine motor dexterity, gross motor movement, self-care, domestic capabilities, punctuality, and job preparedness.
In addition to our dedication to client treatment, our mission is to provide a dynamic, nurturing, and prosocial environment for our staff. We emphasize teamwork, honesty, and mutual respect. Most importantly, we strive to maintain a collaborative atmosphere and an enjoyable working environment, which is fundamental to our success as a company. FirstSteps is committed to providing a work environment that accelerates professional development, with opportunities for training, promotion, and research experience.
As a Therapeutic Instructor you will:
- Work one-on-one with our kiddos in helping them meet their individual goals
- Following extensive training – Provide direct behavior intervention services using sound and compassionate behavior analytic techniques and practicesReceive on-going training and supervision from some of the most experienced, talented, and caring experts in our field
- Receive the tools you need to show up prepared and successful for your sessions with our children
- Contribute to documentation of our clients’ progress (and our science!) through the collection accurate data during instructional sessions
- Attend and actively participate clinical meetings as part of each client’s treatment team
FirstSteps on Diversity & Equity
FirstSteps for Kids, Inc. values diversity, equity, and inclusivity in all aspects of our treatment model – in our service delivery with our clients, in collaboration with families and communities, and in our organizational culture and practices with our staff.
We currently serve clients in the following areas of the East Bay:
* Wanut Creek/Concord
* Martinez/Bay Point
Being a part of team FirstSteps affords many opportunities, including:
- Competitive starting wages
- Unlimited opportunities for performance-based pay increases
- Flexible Schedule
- $500 Signing Bonus for Registered Behavioral Technicians (RBTs)
- Compensation for drive time and mileage
- Health Insurance with 70% employer contribution
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 3% company match
- Semi-monthly Data Stipend
- Employment Assistance Program
- Wellness Incentives (up to $1200)
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Employee Discounts on movies, theme parks, hotels, etc.
- Ongoing staff appreciation events
- Covered RBT examination costs
- Opportunities for advancement within the company – with potential for a life-long career!
- Fun, team approach and work atmosphere, utilizing the Prosocial model of collaborative work
- Exceptional training & on-going support by our team of over 35 Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs)
You Must Possess:
- The desire to work for a company with a culture that values integrity, dedication, collaboration, and compassion
- A passion for working with kids to improve their independence in and enjoyment of life
- High School Diploma or higher
- ABA experience, OR 2 years of work or volunteer experience with children (preferred but not essential)
- Provide proof of immunity from the following: TB, Tdap, Hep-B, MMR, Varicella, and COVID-19
- A valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, and auto insurance
- A smart phone
- Willingness to drive to clients throughout our service area
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Physical Screening by a medical provider
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time (min. 3 half days M-F)
Compensation: $19 – $21 per hour
FirstSteps for Kids adheres to all CDC guidance and enforces strict health and safety guidelines. Personal Protective (PPE) is provided to all employees.
- Multiple locations – in clinic, in home, and/or in school