FLEX College Prep is seeking dynamic individuals with strong communication skills to teach middle and high school students. Subjects include English, enrichment courses in critical thinking and problem solving, essay writing and literature analysis. Since many tutoring assignments are short-term, academic instructors will be hired as temporary employees with a 6-month review for regular part-time employment.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in English/English Literature or equivalent required (U.S. Top 50 college or university strongly preferred)
- Experience teaching core subjects and creating lesson plans for high school students in a public, private or charter school
- Strong communication skills to establish rapport with students and co-workers
- Passion for education
- Availability to work at least some evenings and Saturdays
What we’d love but don’t need:
- AP Course Audit
- Familiarity with standardized tests (AP, SAT II, SAT, ACT, etc.) in your subjects
- Ability to teach multiple subjects (i.e. AP English, AP US History and SAT Verbal)
- Ability to work at multiple locations
What you’ll do:
- Academic Instructors assist students individually and in small groups with academic coursework, standardized test prep, and enrichment courses. They develop and customize lesson plans and curriculum to provide students with targeted, individualized academic support. And they maintain comprehensive reports of sessions to track progress and adapt to students’ needs. Most importantly, they help students achieve their academic goals while making the experience as positive as possible.
Where you’ll do it:
- FLEX Cupertino, FLEX Los Altos
- Most sessions occur in-center. In-home sessions are only scheduled with prior consent of instructors and are compensated at a higher rate.
What we’re excited to give you:
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for rapid growth and merit-based promotion
- Paid Sick leave
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Discounts for FLEX services
- Getting out of bed can be hard – coffee’s on us!