We’re looking for a motivated and driven Government Relations Intern who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- Support our team’s outreach and relationship building with government agencies, community partners, and other key stakeholders in the western US
- Research policies and regulations, best practices, partnership opportunities, and more
- Support authorizations processes for local and regional governments
- Prepare written materials and presentations for a range of audiences
- Analyze various internal and external data sources to help the US team develop a deeper understanding of KPIs and overall performance and focus its future efforts
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Current undergraduate senior or completed bachelor’s degree with experience or interests in government, public affairs, transportation and mobility, sustainability, and other related fields
- Familiarity and passion for car-alternative, environmentally friendly transportation
- Gets excited by the details! Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communicator. Comfortable on the phone and presenting to groups
- Relentless drive towards solutions
- Able to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent skills in English, skills in other languages a plus, especially Spanish
- Authorization for employment in the US
Our Perks – More than just a job
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride.
- Trust-based working. We don’t punch the clock – organize your own schedule. We trust in what you do!
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
- Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events – there’s always something to celebrate!
- Feel at home. We provide you with a laptop, comfortable working space, free drinks, a casual dress code, diverse employee discounts and more.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We’re excited to hear from you!
PLEASE ATTACH A COVER LETTER AND TWO WRITING SAMPLES (The writing samples do not need to address a specific topic or be in a certain format. Samples from college courses, previous jobs or internships, news articles, etc. will all suffice. Include writing sample in same PDF as cover letter and please include soonest start and part time or full time availability in the cover letter).
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world – and our journey has just begun.
FlixMobility is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.