Kindness of the Heart is an ongoing celebration of the positive in these challenging times. It is being implemented across the US and Canada by For the Family, Inc. Your participation will further broaden its impact. Among other things, it encourages people and organizations to send smartphone video descriptions of those who excel at being kind. These can earn Family Flame Awards just as movies can earn Oscars. The Internship will remain virtual until both the Intern and the Internship Director feel that it is safe to have face-to-face contact.
Your skills will tangibly increase our capabilities and be personally rewarding in these ways:
You can undertake your Internship at times that are convenient to your schedule.
You will have an unrivalled opportunity to play a significant role in building nationwide participation for an endeavor with clearly needed and well defined objectives. Your hands-on involvement would enable you to assume a level of responsibility that corresponds to the degree of your involvement. This will also furnish an unrivalled opportunity for personal and professional growth as you undertake actions that fundamentally benefit the community.
You can take the initiative in ways that are specifically aligned with your talents and interests, and are virtually unlimited in scope.
You will gain the fulfillment that accompanies the tangible success that your efforts generate. Your accomplishments will be visible, and their impact will reflect the degree of your involvement.
Your efforts will be specifically acknowledged in ways that correspond to your professional path. This would include, but not be limited to, a Letter of Recommendation that can be used in approaching potential employers. It would be accompanied by the Agency’s willingness to be an employment reference.
You will play a significant and active role as an Intern in these ways:
- Enhance our social media presence on multiple platforms. Increase the visibility of our YouTube channel and our promotional videos. Create an independent online network of users to reinforce our direct social media footprint. Build awareness and encourage Kindness of the Heart participation by underscoring its fundamental importance.
- Enhance our presence through community outreach. Identify people who would wish to nominate someone for their kindness and/or become involved in Kindness of the Heart, Caring Beats Conflict, and the National Days of Kindness. Videotaping smartphone nominations and individual acts of kindness would also help in this regard.
- Serve as a liaison to campus organizations, and involve the community (on campus and beyond) in Kindness of the Heart.
- Suggest specific actions that will help accomplish all of the above.
Objectives for Personal and Professional Growth
1. Improving analytical, strategic, and creative skills in the process of expanding the national scope of Kindness of the Heart
2. Improving decision-making skills in the implementation of a broad-based effort to build public awareness and participation
3. Improving the ability to develop and utilize leadership skills in a project of this magnitude
4. Improving communication and tactical skills by playing a significant, hands-on role in facilitating Kindness of the Heart partnerships of every description
5. Improving team-building skills by working with a diverse coalition of individuals and organizations to attain a common goal
[Note: These would apply to all Interns, but objectives specifically tailored to individual preferences may be established by the Host Site Supervisor after consulting with that particular Intern]
Additional details can be provided upon request. If you would like to help share Kindness of the Heart as a For The Family Intern, please contact Ward Cox at email@example.com or (813)932-1477.