Staff EH&S Engineer
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
The Staff EH&S Engineer will have responsibility for administration, maintenance, and tactical operation of the Environmental Health& Safety programs, and Emergency Response program for FormFactor located in Livermore, California and remotely support west coast satellite offices. This is a hands-on role that will assure employee well-being, regulatory compliance, and support of corporate objectives in a semi-conductor manufacturing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Include the following, and other duties may be assigned.
- Lead continuous EH&S improvement efforts for personnel health/safety, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and maintaining regulatory compliance including, but not limited to CAL / FED OSHA, BAAQMD, EPA (RCRA/Non-RCRA), Fire Code Compliance (49 CFR desirable), hazardous materials, waste / wastewater management, air emissions/permitting/Green House Gas (GHG) tracking, Stormwater programs, emergency planning (EPCRA), additional regulations (TSCA, TRI, Prop 65).
- Work with key stakeholders to support the EH&S program.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and submit timely/accurate reports, permit, and fees to ensure compliance.
- Administrate Formfactor’s Emergency Response Team and program, to include training record retention, evacuation drills, and communications.
- Maintain EH&S records including OSHA records/logs, site EH&S metric tracking, and support the Human Resources Department with Workers Compensation claims.
- Will assist with accident/near miss investigation in identification of root cause, corrective/preventative actions, and tracking action items to closure. Will drive quarterly Injury Review Board process.
- Conduct and document regulatory and EH&S inspections/audits to ensure compliance. Will drive corrective actions to closure.
- Evaluate safety and compliance of new semiconductor and plating equipment.
- Handle hazardous and universal wastes per regulatory requirements and FFI’s policies and procedures. Maintain required training to sign hazardous waste manifests.
- Will assist with managing EHS external vendors and 3rd party resources.
- Will assist with other EH&S programs, projects, and initiatives to drive compliance and continuous improvement.
- Ability to wear a full-face respirator.
- Occasional travel to FormFactor west coast satellite facilities (less than 10 percent).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Engineering, or related technical field.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Minimum of 8 years of Environmental Health & Safety experience with emphasis on HAZMAT & Wastewater handling, and desired or working knowledge of:
- Knowledge of solvent abatement and wastewater treatment system and permitting highly desired.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certified highly desired.
- Experience in the development and delivery of EH&S related training courses highly desired.
- Semiconductor, high tech, or plating manufacturing experience highly desired.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.