Sr. Chemical Mix Tech
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of probe cards used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and teamwork. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
The Plating Lab Technician works in our Fab clean room plating area to provide chemical analysis and chemical handling for the processing of thin film substrates to meet production schedule. This role is responsible for maintaining plating chemicals and supplies in the lab, and verifying the viability of laboratory equipment. The role is critical to quality production within the fab and as such the Plating Lab Technician must multi-task and oversee multiple analyses and equipment without error. The role is also responsible for support of R&D efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform complex processing and analytical testing procedures on both routine and non-routine work using a variety of equipment and instrumentation.
- Carries out daily chemical analyses: UV-VIS spectroscopy, ICP-OES, FTIR, and titrations.
- Maintain product bath chemistries by analyzing results and using data to make chemical additions (involves lifting 5 gallon containers).
- Pour and set up electroplating baths.
- Perform electroplating tasks to support Engineering and R&D teams.
- Author and edit process instructions.
- Cycle count chemical stocks.
- Identify and implement process improvement.
- Set up and operate analytical equipment.
- Collect, organize and evaluate SPC data.
- Safely handle chemicals while adhering to all safety rules and procedures.
- Maintain organized and chemically hygienic fab chem lab
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a laboratory environment using similar equipment.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working with strict safety procedures and safely handling chemicals.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working with data.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong mathematical and chemistry related skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and operate multiple machines simultaneously.
- Able to sit for extended periods and work under a microscope
- Able to wear safety lab equipment such as safety glasses, booties, lab coat, protective eye wear, hair covering and face mask.
- Able to respond quickly in the case of an emergency due to a chemical spill.
- Ability to work continuously inside a clean room environment with chemicals while wearing protective clothing (bunny suit, goggles, etc.)
- Ability to push and pull 10-15 lbs.
- Ability to perform routine lifting of up to 50lbs.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.