Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) Cancer Research Network is a global cancer research community funded by the National Cancer Institute, which seeks to significantly improve lives through cancer clinical trials and translational research. The SWOG Statistics and Data Management Center is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the department with the coordination of administrative functions vital to effective team performance.
The Administrative Assistant will support the SWOG Statistics and Data Management Center and perform a wide variety of activities which may include some or all of the following:
- Assist the research administrator and project leadership with the implementation and administration of Center and department policies and procedures and special projects
- Perform administrative and clerical duties including scheduling meetings, conferences and seminars; assembling meeting agendas; collecting and compiling a variety of statistical information; composing minutes reports and memos; office organization; travel agendas; establishing and maintaining department files in hard copy and electronic form
- Function as a primary contact person for the department. Act as a liaison with Center staff and outside individuals/organizations, answering questions and resolving problems with regard to the administration of the department
- Edit and assist in composition of correspondence and technical material (i.e. reports, manuscripts) for the department. Aid in editing images for manuscripts and reports
- Maintain and update biosketches and curricula vitae
- Assist with personnel administration functions including submission of employment requisitions, separations, coordination of performance evaluations, and personnel forms completion
- Coordinate project space and facilities and administer changes as required
- Assist in monitoring budgets to document expenditures and verify proper accountability
- Provide support in grant preparation process
- Track publications for specific grants
- Support semi-annual Data and Safety Monitoring Committee activities by facilitating creation and distribution of reports and meeting minutes
- Purchase equipment and supplies for the program; perform inventory control duties; work with purchasing department
- Coordinate the production, printing, and distribution of new and revised department manuals and reports
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience – additional experience may substitute for educational requirement
- Minimum Requirements:
- Administrative Assistant I- 4+ years office and computer experience
- Administrative Assistant II- 5+ years office and computer experience
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe and PowerPoint is required
- Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and possess excellent judgement and professionalism
- Experience with editing graphic files preferred
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau) preferred
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team, to anticipate upcoming tasks, track assignments, and to take initiative
- A cover letter is required for this application
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.