This position is eligible to receive a $2,500 signing bonus!
The Bilingual Individual Treatment Aide (ITA) assists the Case Management Team in providing support to youth in Foster Care. The Bilingual Individual Treatment Aide will perform various case management responsibilities, including working with foster parents and children related to life skills and educational needs, in addition to completing administrative and clerical duties for the Foster Care program.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Support foster parents in delivering life skills education to the youth, including independent living skills, job readiness and training, and consumer skills.
- Provide support services for youth in foster care and individually assess youth’s life skills educational needs in collaboration with Case Managers.
- Assist in various case management responsibilities, including alternative/respite placement, meeting with school officials, identifying community resources, crisis intervention, and arranging medical and counseling appointments.
- Meet with Lead Bilingual Case Manager on weekly basis to discuss policy, review program operations and direction, identify solutions for problem areas, and report the status of youth, youth’s families, and foster families.
- Maintain files for agency and state forms, policies and procedures, and resource literature; maintain and update case records and foster home files.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
- Experience working with adolescent youth.
LOCATION & SCHEDULE
Full-time, non-exempt; schedule is Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm. May be required to work evenings as job duties demand. Work is performed in-person/onsite in Renton, WA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$19.36 per hour + $2,500 Signing Bonus*. Friends of Youth cares for their full-time employees by offering a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision coverage, 24/7 access to telehealth, 403(b) retirement plan and matching, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, 15 vacation days per year with annual accrual interests, sick leave, 10 paid holidays, and two paid floating personal holidays per year. We’re invested in our employees’ growth, so professional development opportunities are available 24/7 on our online learning platform. Additionally, all employees and their immediate family members can receive free counseling and mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program.
Friends of Youth welcomes, honors, and celebrates our clients, colleagues and communities’ diverse identities, histories, knowledges, languages, and cultures. Our organizational values shape the way we work individually and collectively, as we prioritize young people’s belonging and achievement. We work to challenge, alter, and ultimately dismantle interconnected systems of structural and historic oppression. We collaborate with community stakeholders and partners to develop policy and decision-making frameworks that advance racial equity.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Friends of Youth is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to apply for this position or to perform the essential functions of this position. To request accommodation, please email HR@friendsofyouth.org.
For a copy of the full job description, please email HR@friendsofyouth.org.
*The signing bonus is a one-time bonus that must be repaid if the employee leaves their position at Friends of Youth before six months.