JOB PROFILE: Stylist
FUNCTION: Banana Republic Field REPORTS TO: General Manager
DATE: July 2021
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the
boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with
substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that
make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries.
Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
As a Banana Republic stylist, you will help create aspirational and on trend looks that enhance the
customer’s emotional connection to the brand. You will be an expert on styling and fashion, with a
thorough understanding of designers, brands and seasonal trends. As a stylist, you will contribute to a positive,
friendly and inclusive environment that inspires and makes our customers feel welcome. Your goal is to grow the
business by genuinely wanting to create an outstanding customer experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Take inspiration from credible and relevant fashion references, including current style icons and influencers,
and translate that inspiration into action by solving customer styling needs
• Connect and engage with customers authentically to understand their styling needs
• Serve as a Brand storyteller to create experiences that drive sales and achieve store goals, with the customer
as the primary focus
• Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with our Words to Live By
• Assist in creating an inclusive environment where our customers and employees feel a sense of belonging
• Support sales floor, fitting room, cash wrap, back of house, as required
• Styling experience in luxury fashion and/or
strong knowledge of trends and designer brands
with the ability to translate that knowledge into
solving customer styling needs
• Effective communicator with experience in
creating meaningful connections with customers
that build brand loyalty
• Flexible and adaptable to work shifts that meet
the needs of the business; flexible and/or
consistent scheduling may be available
• Ability to maneuver around the salesfloor,
stockroom, and office and lift up to 30lb, with or
without a reasonable accommodation
WHO YOU ARE
• Passionate about hospitality, fashion and styling
• Comfortable engaging with customers
• Team player
• Champion of Gap Inc. culture
• Curious with a “can do” attitude
About Gap, Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you’re one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren’t afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.