A Co-op / Intern opportunity is available at Garney Construction. As a Co-op / Intern at Garney, you are a participant, not just an observer. You will perform a variety of tasks during your work term. You may work hands-on in the field or in the main office alongside project management and estimating personnel. During your term, you will gain perspective for how we construct our projects. Our goal is to make your co-op / internship a positive learning experience that allows you to gain an understanding of the industry and Garney’s superior methods of conducting business.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in construction management, civil or mechanical engineering, or another related field.
- Willing to relocate for their term.
Co-op / Intern Skill Development
Our Co-ops / Interns have an opportunity to gain experience in many areas of construction, such as the following:
- Craft experience
- Job site surveying
- Process and review shop drawings
- Subcontractor coordination
- Update as-built documents
- Work with scheduling system
- Detailed drafting
- Purchasing and material expediting
- Invoice verification and inventory analysis
- Promote job site safety
- Track labor and projections
- Daily and periodic report updates
Garney expects its Co-ops / Interns to be able to work on their feet for an entire day, understand and perform assigned tasks, arrive at work on time every day, and adhere to safety policies and procedures.