Gavin de Becker & Associates (GDBA) is a dynamic security firm innovating threat assessment and public figure protection. Our mission aims to protect and enhance the lives of those we serve. From at-risk individuals and prominent families to corporations and universities, GDBA stands on the front line of the assessment, prediction, and management of violence.
GDBA advises public figure clients and protects them where they’re needed most – at their homes, offices, and during travel. Our associates manage the security operations from a dispatch command center to create a localized point for analyzing security challenges and disseminating information. Protectors are responsible for enhancing safety and security by remaining alert at all times. GDBA also plays a crucial role in adding comfort and convenience to the lives of those they serve.
Who You Are
Military, law enforcement, or security background is great, though not a requirement. We’re less interested in what you are than who you are. Our most successful protectors come from a variety of backgrounds and have succeeded because they are willing to learn, work hard, tell the truth, and flat out perform. Our promotion system is merit-based. Performance matters most; not seniority.
- Drug and nicotine-free; required to participate in ongoing drug and nicotine screenings.
- Physically fit; must complete physical readiness test prior to job offer.
- Pass our pre-employment background investigation.
- Possess a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain a state firearms license.
- Previous security experience, including remote monitoring, access control, physical security, emergency response.
- Prior training in Emergency Medicine, defensive tactics, arresting techniques and tactical firearms.
- Working knowledge of basic IT troubleshooting.
- Professional and friendly communicator with a positive attitude.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 401k.
- Gym, Massage, Ammunition and Cellphone Reimbursements.
- Employee Assistance and Corporate Discount Programs.
- Stipends for special certifications and licenses such as EMT, LEOSA, CCW, etc.
- Renewal fees associated with guard/firearm license renewals and firearm requalification.
- Offer hundreds of training courses, exercises, and certifications – including paid training days.
- View a detailed list at www.gdba.com/earnings-and-benefits