Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, read on!
At GEICO, analytics are fundamental to our business. Complex analysis underlies every major decision and is an essential component of our unique strategic vision. Analytics have and continue to be GEICO’s hallmark in the competitive auto insurance industry.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
In the Research, Analytics and Development (RAD) department, we apply statistical and advanced modeling techniques to a myriad of types of data. Your job duties will include pulling and cleaning large data sets from internal and external sources; fitting, tuning and validating a wide array of statistical models; integrating predictive models into analytical tools for non-technical end users; sharing insights from your analyses with all levels of management, including senior executives; and implementing your final product.
You will be part of a team that is focused on innovation: trying new modeling techniques, devising new metrics, and tackling complex questions that the company has never tried to answer before.
You’ll have a chance to work on questions like:
• How can we predict the average repair costs for a vehicle that is brand new to the market?
• Which policyholders are most likely to change the terms of their policy, and in which ways?
• How can we incorporate new vehicle safety feature information into our product?
Ready to make an impact? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field with a minimum 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA; graduate degrees are encouraged
• Demonstrated ability in mathematical, statistical, financial or economic analyses on large, complex datasets
• Familiarity with multivariate classification and regression techniques; experience with at least one of GLMs, decision trees, or machine learning
• Programming experience, including SQL, and at least one of R, Python, SAS, or similar; demonstrated ability to learn new tools
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Advanced quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
• Detail-oriented and able to work under deadlines
Entry level starting salary is in the high $60K to low $70K range
*Must be willing and able to commute or relocate. This position is based out of our Corporate office in Chevy Chase, MD.
As a RAD Modeling Analyst, you’ll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
• Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
• 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.