The People Services, Timekeeping & Payroll Team
The People Services Team within Global Business Solutions is energized by operationalizing new strategies, systems, processes, and technology across the enterprise. We strive to be global strategic business partners who deliver world class experiences. We operate as a global organization, supporting various functions including Finance, HR, Manufacturing, and many more.
As a Member of the Team, You Will
- Interact cross-functionally with global teams in a hybrid work setting to identify & implement innovative solutions which improve the payroll experience for employees.
- This position will provide experiences in the following:
- Data analysis and identification of opportunities for process improvement to positively impact payroll quality and employee experience.
- Exposure to multiple IT systems (Workday, Kronos, ADP), business units (manufacturing, engineering, IT, etc.), and countries of operation
- Problem solving of complex problems
- Assist in creation of transformational project plans
- Lead employee engagement activities to communicate payroll related topics succinctly
- Maintain and update employee facing payroll resource website
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, HR, Finance, Accounting and related fields
- Graduating between December 2022 and June 2023
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
- Able to work full time – 40 hours per week during the summer months
- Strong Analytical Skills / Fundamental Knowledge of Corporate Finance
- Advanced Excel skills
- Teamwork/Leadership Skills
- Ability to work with people within and outside the group, including cross-functional partners
- Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision-making
- Searches out and corrects inconsistent data; finds and fixes root cause and understands the drivers
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity and ability to initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with honesty, accountability, and trust
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet goals in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with teams and cross-functional groups
- Functional/Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Drive for Results, Decision Quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic Agility, Managerial Courage, Innovative Thinking
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2022 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.